15,222,694 Total Jobs
1,002,589 Jobs Today
221,993 Job Seekers
Driver - CDL A Regional Delivery Driver (Iowa City, IA) - Iowa City Iowa
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posted On: 01/10/2019
United Natural Foods, Inc.
At United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI), we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
UNFI is the leading independent national distributor of natural, organic, specialty foods and related products in the United States, and we are currently recruiting experienced Drivers to join our Iowa City team:
Wages and Hours
- $21.25 to start
- Paid overtime
- Great Home Time
- 6 paid holidays per year
- After 90 days, weekly accrual of 3.07 Paid Time Off (PTO) hours
- Average of 43 to 46 hours per week
- 2 to 3 routes per week based out of Iowa City for dispatch, with 1 to 2 layovers
- All trailers are equipped with power jacks, dock and lift gate deliveries
- Paid hotel stays
- Meal per diems
- Excellent benefits, safety bonuses, and more.....
- Call Brad at 319-337-6448 (ext. 21115) for more details. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. Our Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to customers, loading and unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures, minimizing delays and reporting problems, and picking up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.
The essential functions and basic duties of the CDL Driver are to perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for delivering and unloading products, reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary.
Additional Functions Include:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors Benefits
UNFI takes great care of our employees, so we want our benefits to work for you!
Great work-life balance, pay & conditions
Drive for UNFI- the best route delivery job there is!
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent 401(k) Plan with a generous Company match
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Annual safety incentive programs
- Local and regional route options
- 90% of deliveries are dock stops
- 4 or 5 day dispatch cycles
- Short replacement cycles for our state-of-the-art fleet
- On-board satellite communications with paperless logs and trip reports
- Private transportation company, not for hire #ZR
As a Delivery Driver, you must have solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions and display good time management, computer, and math skills. It is also important that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our successful drivers require specific certifications, knowledge, and experience as outlined below: